Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Christmas Joy

We are now looking at Christmas time and hopefully living life to it's fullest. Our county is quiet (except for Nashville) and some major problems are solved or well on their way to being there. I have had some serous personal losses this year and am headed back into the hospital for further treatment so may not be here to write this on Christmas.I just want to take this moment and relay some very interesting things I have read lately.

first of all, one of my favorites observed this...

In the old days, it was not called the Holiday Season; the
Christians called it 'Christmas' and went to church; the
Jews called it 'Hanukkah' and went to synagogue; the
atheists went to parties and drank. People passing each
other on the street would say 'Merry Christmas!' or 'Happy
Hanukkah!' or (to the atheists) 'Look out for the wall!' --- Dave Barry, "Christmas Shopping: A Survivor's Guide"

I hope we keep in mind just why this holiday occurs.

There are many I have encountered that cannot find anything to be greatful for. Thomas Jefferson made this remark concerning this very thing....


My God! How little do my countrymen know what precious blessings they are in possession of, and which no other people on earth enjoy!
-- Thomas Jefferson

You see, our self centered charactors are not something occurring as of late but have haunted us many, many generations.

This should be the time of the year we set our grievences aside and express our love for each other.We could not argue with others if they did not possess the same passions that we do. Where would we be if there was no opposition for each of us? think how lonely this would be.
there are many (myself included) that do not have another to share this time of year with. Yet for the most part we continue with life in a positive fashion. What I have found is that life can be rewarding ...

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what
we give."
Jeanne White, Simme Valley, Groton, NY

as I have ample material possessions and enough resources to obtain whatever I desire but my true fulfillment is in my helping those that do not have what I do and are suffering.

I guess what I am propositioning everyone to do is to for at least once this season, exchange your complaints with help for another. Instead of tearing someone down, help someone in need. If you know a family without a tree, get them one. if you know a child whose mother or father is not present, be there for them. the return on this investment will stagger you.

I would like to leave you with this saying my father said to me when I was a child. I am not sure he originated it but it does lay the basis for my beliefs.

"Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by
your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the
Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children ."

Take care. Pray for each other. let your loved ones know you love them. Someday they may not be there to do so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home